Blues

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
12/18/2004 11:50 pm
Most rock pop songs with a bluesy feel are pretty simple. I mean my heros like slash and Joe perry both incorporate aspects of the blues into some of there tunes but its simple and subtle.
What songs is there I shuold learn that were probably the influences of people like slash. I mean is there a blues song.... thats kinda liek the freebird of rock in that it has all the moves you need!
I dont want to be a blues guitarist but Id like to add flashes of it in my playing so without going way deep into blues theory etc is there a quick fix?
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/19/2004 12:48 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_Rose... so without going way deep into blues theory etc is there a quick fix?
[font=copperplate gothic bold]Mwahahahahahaaaaa!

I'll see you down at the crossroads, boy.[/font] :cool:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/19/2004 7:01 am
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=copperplate gothic bold]Mwahahahahahaaaaa!

I'll see you down at the crossroads, boy.[/font] :cool:

HAHAHAHA, Lord, you made my 2 to 3 am referencing that.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
12/19/2004 5:37 pm
Am lost..

Theres a clapton song called crossroads huh? Is that what you mean :confused:
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/19/2004 6:23 pm
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseAm lost..

Theres a clapton song called crossroads huh? Is that what you mean :confused:
[font=trebuchet ms]See, now that's why you can't just step into The Blues without payin' some dues.

"Down At The Crossroads" was written by Robert Johnson about the legend. The best blues players get their skills by meeting the Devil at a remote crossroads and selling their souls in exchange for the ability to make music that would reach inside people, and touch their souls.

Hell, any damnfool can riff on pentatonics! You wanna play The Blues, you're into a whole 'nother thing.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 5
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/19/2004 7:57 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]selling their souls in exchange for the ability to make music that would reach inside people, and touch their souls.[/font]

I don't need to sell anything to do that! Mr. Devil would cry if he heard my blues. :D
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 6
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
12/19/2004 11:33 pm
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseMost rock pop songs with a bluesy feel are pretty simple. I mean my heros like slash and Joe perry both incorporate aspects of the blues into some of there tunes but its simple and subtle.
What songs is there I shuold learn that were probably the influences of people like slash. I mean is there a blues song.... thats kinda liek the freebird of rock in that it has all the moves you need!
I dont want to be a blues guitarist but Id like to add flashes of it in my playing so without going way deep into blues theory etc is there a quick fix?

I dunno, but when I look at slash he reminds me of Jimmy Page. Same style, same guitar, and the same stage personal. Without being certain from Slash's own words, I'd say Page was his biggest influence. And don't forget Zeppelin was very bluesy and they have a ton of famous licks. Black Dog probably the biggest. Not sure about Perry but they probably come from the same seed. PAGE!!
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.
# 7
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/20/2004 12:25 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonI don't need to sell anything to do that! Mr. Devil would cry if he heard my blues. :D
[font=trebuchet ms]Does wincing in pain count?[/font] :confused:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 8
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/20/2004 12:54 am
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]Does wincing in pain count?[/font]

Tee friggin hee.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 9
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
12/24/2004 2:56 am
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]"Down At The Crossroads" was written by Robert Johnson about the legend. The best blues players get their skills by meeting the Devil at a remote crossroads and selling their souls in exchange for the ability to make music that would reach inside people, and touch their souls.[/font]

If things get too tough you can just get the Karate Kid to whoop Steve Vai's ass in a guitar competition. That'll make any contracts with Satan null and void.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.