Anyone in a Cover Band... Please Read...

rob b.
rob b.
12/16/2004 6:44 pm
For those of you in a Cover Band, do you set your rates when trying to get a gig? Or does the club, usually just tell you they'll pay you "X" amount of dollars.

What's the going rate, for an hour, a night, a set, etc.??? Before I moved South going rate was usually about $100 a set/hour. Play for at least 3 hours. The other cool thing was that most of the clubs/bars had a drum kit their, so all the drummer had to bring was his snare, cymbals, etc.
"It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself." ~ J.S. Bach
# 1
AIC
AIC
12/23/2004 10:59 pm
Not playing in any cover bands but I am managing parties a couple of places. Usually the band makes an offer and then the client sees if the offer fits into the budget or not.

I live in Denmark and for 2 hours 'cover-music' we pay an average of 4000-5000 kr = 720-900 $

Cheers
# 2
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
12/26/2004 6:01 pm
When i was working in a bar, the manager would cut checks of about $700 - $900 for cover bands a night and a free case of beer. But, im unsure if equipment was supplied etc. etc. cuz some dudes actually had there own p.a. guys etc and i think they got more cuz the bar didnt have to have dudes to come in and moniter levels. Keep in mind these guys were no name cover bands.

5 doller cover charges so at about 140-150 people, the band was payed for and the rest went to the bar for drinks.

I remember getting some bands that were expensive and them sounding like **** while conversly some cheap bands were pretty darn good but most of the time u get what u pay for.
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.