View post (Steve's 10 hour a day practise schedule)

View thread

raudberg
raudberg
04/29/2001 5:08 pm
I am one of those who actually have seen and tried Steve's 10 hour program, and I do believe I still have it at home somewhere. This was a practice routine he used to do as a teenager, and not something he's been doing during his professional career. It was printed in Guitar world in 1990-91 I think. So if I can find it in my huge archive of long lost guitar school/guitar world lessons, I may scan it and give it to anyone who is interested.

The excersises are not especially strange or magical in themselves, but merely a curiosity to gain insight into how one of the true legends of guitarplaying managed to get where he is today. The true magic lies as always in the imagination of the individual and how he/she incorporates these lessons into his/her own unique style.

The only strange point in these lessons is the one hour where Steve lays the guitar on the floor, hits an open string and walks around the guitar, just listenning to that note. When the note dies he plucks it again, and keep on walking, for an hour. So steves practise routine is just as much musical as it is technical.

Anyone who would like a copy of the lessons(if I can find them) just let me know.

Y?