A few questions about chords and scale etc...

GuitarSean
GuitarSean
12/09/2004 8:48 pm
Well... I have been playing for probally about 18 months. I have no lessons under my belt or anything. I figured out myself how to read tab and now and then I look up some tabs and play them. I figured out palm muting myself so I can basically do some metal riffs with that. My question is... What is a scale? My friend showed me one... it just looked like a square with numbers in it and circles and boxes. Also... Since I can only play what I know (what I come up with and some chords I have in a poster) what is my next step to getting better... Improving... knowing more about music... All help would be great, also, so if this is the wrong forum... I'm new here. :D
# 1
audioanimal
audioanimal
12/10/2004 1:58 pm
Seriously, this is covered over, and over, here. Read a bunch of other peoples questions and the answers, then post something a little more specific.

Peace,
-Rick
Play what you hear
Listen to what you play
Does it sound good?
# 2
GuitarSean
GuitarSean
12/11/2004 2:20 am
Originally Posted by: audioanimalSeriously, this is covered over, and over, here. Read a bunch of other peoples questions and the answers, then post something a little more specific.

Peace,
-Rick

Well... I read some posts on the board and they are more advanced players than me... They know about scales and what not... I know nothing about music... Only thing I know and practice is my speed and accuracy... Other than that I know nothing about guitar...
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.