View post (Closed Thread)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/06/2004 8:37 pm
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseErmm.. how did you become a moderator?!!?!?!?

By establishing a VERY long history of fairness, even handed consideration of viewpoints and level-headedness on this forum.

Why did you close that thread? Because you didnt agree with it?!

On the contrairy, I agreed with points both sides were making (well, attempting to, anyway).

However, the thread was starting to deteriorate very rapidly into a moronic cesspool of language filter violations and circular arguments that was only going to end up as pointless little flame war. As a matter of fact, a forum member IMed me last night to semi-jokingly complain that I shut it down because he was about to let one or more of you guys have it.

I feel fully justified in my decision to close the thread before it got out of hand and more serious moderational measures had to be taken. I'd tell you to take it up with one of the Super Mods, but since they seem to have my back on this one, I guess you're all out of luck for now.

Just bear in mind that I could have deleted this thread the second you put "B#ch" in your first post. If I felt especially obnoxious, I could easily come up with a list several forum rule violations for yourself and most everybody else participating in this thread.

SO -- rethink your vocabulary and learn the difference between a "debate" and what was starting to happen in that thread.

It's staying locked.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons