View post (pop vs. rock)

View thread

Fender Man
Fender Man
03/13/2001 11:14 pm
I love classic Rock. I like some new rock too, But all my friends give me crap about my music. And they all listen to that pop crap. I tell them if you listen to a rock song, it never gets old, but if you listen to a pop song it tends to get old after a while, and you can't stand to hear it anymore. And rock musicians write their own music. They don't have songwriters who they have hired to write their music for them. That makes me mad. Real musicians never get the recognizition they deserve. But you find guys, hire them some songwriters, give them a makerover, and then all the girls and everyone else loves them. Pop has no substance. I could be famous if I had people to tell me how to dance, what to wear, where to go, and everything else I do. It makes me so mad. The cool bands like Hendrix, Zeppelin,Ozzy, AC/DC, Yngwie Malmsteen get no recognition. And another thing, I used to like Aerosmith, but since the Superbowl thing, I have no respect for them. Bunch of sell outs, How could rockers like Aerosmith get on the same stage as nsync. When Steven Tyler sand the line "it's gonna be me"I almost cryed. As a part of America's youth. Music is going down the drain. What do you people think. Am I just stupid, or is pop really agervating.

[Edited by Fender Man on 03-13-2001 at 06:18 PM]
"I'll stand up next to a mountain and chop it down with the edge of my hand."
-Jimi Hendrix