Celebs Knocking Others!!

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
12/04/2004 11:31 pm
Look what the stupid B#ch from that crap evanesence said about velvet Revolver!

Amy Lee - "VELVET REVOLVER...I haven't seen them play live yet but that album really bores me! Maybe there's one song that's cool, but to me it's just not worth building a supergroup around."

"Yeah, but great celebrities don't make a great band. I don't hate them, but the music just isn't that great."

Thats a classic example of someone forming an opinion based on nothing! Theres 'one good song' but she cant remember it? Did she listen to the whole album?!?!?
Songs like slither and set me free have riffs up there with anything slash did in guns n roses!! God those two songs alone amount to more than anything her band has even done, and those two arent even my favourites!
Everyone I no that bought it loves it! Man at the VR show I went to everyone new every word!
I hate it when people in the spotlight form unconfounded opinions which could influense others!!
Slash is a musician! Not a 'celebrity'!!

Man this gets me so mad!!! :mad:
# 1
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/05/2004 5:55 pm
first: anyone planning to recreate the trip to las vegas in fear and loathing in las vegas with sam kinnison is more of a celebrity type than musician. not to slight slash's ability but the main makeup of the band is more rockstars/celebrities. they're seen more as personalities than as a great drummer or bassist or anything. i dunno about you but i think heroin whenever i hear the name scott weiland and i love scott's solo album (12 bar blues).

second: god forbid someone have an opinion opposing yours, eh? get off it, if you and your friends like it, shouldn't that be enough? you don't have to live through famous people and their opinions.

umm....could you define unconfounded* for me? or do you mean unfounded? maybe baseless? regardless, it's not your place to say someone hasn't listen to something if you haven't been there and know for sure either way.

worry about your own life, man. let the celebs say whatever they want. i don't get pissed everytime good charlotte talks about how punk they are or whatever.

don't bother, i went to dictionary.com. so you say that she isn't confused?

con·found·ed ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-foundd, kn-)
adj.
Confused; befuddled: A crowd of confounded bystanders stared at the appalling wreckage.
Used as an intensive: a confounded fool.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 2
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
12/06/2004 1:51 am
*sighs*

I never bad mouth anything unless I give it a decent go. I find it very hard to believe she would dislike songs like 'Slither' or 'Set me Free'. Its pretty obvious shes not given there album a chance, and just had a go at them because they get attension so easily. Theres so many albums Ive listened to and not really got.. then later Ive fallen in love with them. I used to think 'Janies got a Gun' was a crap aerosmith song but now its my favourite!!

Im aware people have different opinions. But you cant go about voicing opinions that are based on little. I think its very unfair also if your in the spotlight. Fans of her music might now give VR a miss.

Guys like slash have opened me up to great lesser known artists because they are real musicians and fans of music. Because they have more valuable things to say than people like her.

And as for picking me up on my english.. DONT! This is a forum, not an english class. If you cant understand what I mean, ask, dont ridicule me.
# 3
12/06/2004 3:01 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseLook what the stupid B#ch from that crap evanesence said about velvet Revolver!

Amy Lee - "VELVET REVOLVER...I haven't seen them play live yet but that album really bores me! Maybe there's one song that's cool, but to me it's just not worth building a supergroup around."

"Yeah, but great celebrities don't make a great band. I don't hate them, but the music just isn't that great."
:mad:

who is she to talk about good muisic that stuck up b**** doesnt no what shes talking about her muisic sucks i alredy hated her for just leaving her
band like she did. not that i liked that crap muisic man that just pisses me of

alright im come now just had to get that of my chest
rock & roll ant muisic
its a way of life
:cool:
# 4
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
12/06/2004 3:43 am
She left them?!?!

This is why she probably said what she did. Shes probably Jealous of bands like VR who people envy and get excited about! Man I didnt even no she left that band.
# 5
12/06/2004 3:54 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseShe left them?!?!

This is why she probably said what she did. Shes probably Jealous of bands like VR who people envy and get excited about! Man I didnt even no she left that band.

im pretty shur she did i havent herd any thing about them forever plus she
did that one song with that other band whatever it was
rock & roll ant muisic
its a way of life
# 6
Spynal
Spynal
12/06/2004 4:07 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_Rose*sighs*

I never bad mouth anything unless I give it a decent go. I find it very hard to believe she would dislike songs like 'Slither' or 'Set me Free'. Its pretty obvious shes not given there album a chance, and just had a go at them because they get attension so easily. Theres so many albums Ive listened to and not really got.. then later Ive fallen in love with them. I used to think 'Janies got a Gun' was a crap aerosmith song but now its my favourite!!

Im aware people have different opinions. But you cant go about voicing opinions that are based on little. I think its very unfair also if your in the spotlight. Fans of her music might now give VR a miss.

Guys like slash have opened me up to great lesser known artists because they are real musicians and fans of music. Because they have more valuable things to say than people like her.

And as for picking me up on my english.. DONT! This is a forum, not an english class. If you cant understand what I mean, ask, dont ridicule me.

The same stations that play VR play Evanesence, I'm SURE they've heard it...... guess what? If i hear an album and don't find it anything special, i'm not gonna edit my comments just cause someone else might not like it forget that. She's not being an egotist, she's saying she found the album nothing special, guess what, i feel the same way. And for every riff i think is absolutely genius by ANY band, there's somebody, somewhere who thinks it crap. I know people who regard Dream Theater as absolute boring, garbage. Does it matter to me? no.

It completely wretched of you to think that because she finds an album to be "boring" you can thrash her. You're not the be all end all of music. She didn't say anything uncalled for like: "You know, for a bunch of over the hill rock star heroin junkies i would think this album would be better"

She offered a strong, backed up opinion, and much like Voltaire, i defend her right to say it, and oppose your view that you can thrash people for not agreeing with you.

PS: When i hear a 90% boring album, i don't remember the name of the one song that might have sparked an interest. You have no idea how many CD's she listens to. If she listens to 100 CD's a week, she's not going to remember it. I'm glad you think VR is genius, other people don't, get off your high horse and live with it.
# 7
12/06/2004 4:35 am
Originally Posted by: SpynalThe same stations that play VR play Evanesence, I'm SURE they've heard it...... guess what? If i hear an album and don't find it anything special, i'm not gonna edit my comments just cause someone else might not like it forget that. She's not being an egotist, she's saying she found the album nothing special, guess what, i feel the same way. And for every riff i think is absolutely genius by ANY band, there's somebody, somewhere who thinks it crap. I know people who regard Dream Theater as absolute boring, garbage. Does it matter to me? no.

It completely wretched of you to think that because she finds an album to be "boring" you can thrash her. You're not the be all end all of music. She didn't say anything uncalled for like: "You know, for a bunch of over the hill rock star heroin junkies i would think this album would be better"

She offered a strong, backed up opinion, and much like Voltaire, i defend her right to say it, and oppose your view that you can thrash people for not agreeing with you.

PS: When i hear a 90% boring album, i don't remember the name of the one song that might have sparked an interest. You have no idea how many CD's she listens to. If she listens to 100 CD's a week, she's not going to remember it. I'm glad you think VR is genius, other people don't, get off your high horse and live with it.

i trashed her for being her no madder what she said about vr shes still a b**** she cam to my town one year and almost messed up the hole thing
other well none artist where thare and did what they needed to do but she
was mad cause she didnt get what she wanted its not that she doesnt
have a right to her oppinion bout she has no right to talk about someone
else when shes nothing special herself thats what tict me off
rock & roll ant muisic
its a way of life
# 8
Spynal
Spynal
12/06/2004 4:40 am
I was actually talking about Axl ... the one who started it
# 9
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/06/2004 4:51 am
I'm closing this thread down because it's starting to get REALLY stupid.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.