Please help me

Guitardeth
Guitardeth
12/02/2004 9:55 am
Hello

Recently I bought the last piece a needed (at least i thought so) to start recording on my PC. However, it won't make a sound..

I use a MG30dfx as amp and from it directly into the computer with a cable and a stereo-apapter. I have a Creative LIVE soundcard (followed with the computer which is a "COMPAQ Presario 5000 Series"). However, I'm not quit sure in which socket the cable from the amp is supposed to be placed. I tried all of them, both into the soundcard and those that goes into the motherboard but none of them works. Do I need some certain program just to hear the guitar through my speakers?

I hope I made it understandable, otherwise please ask me and I'll try to make myself more clear..

Thank you!
# 1
audioanimal
audioanimal
12/02/2004 6:01 pm
You need to check the mixer control software that comes with the soundcard. You have to make sure the line-in connection you're plugged into is on, and the volume is turned up. If you don't have the Creative mixer installed, the built in Windows volume control should also have these controls.

Peace,
-Rick
Play what you hear
Listen to what you play
Does it sound good?
# 2
depechedduran
depechedduran
12/03/2004 10:45 pm
u need a audio interface with midi switches..i have quattro u can fine it in sam ash or guitar center and it gives superb quality sound.u can hook up mic and guitar or a synth at the same time .your guitar module must have midi jakcs...so hook your midi cable with audio interface and from audio interface join line in wire in your pc sound card creative or whatever and to record u need somekind of recording sofware i used ACID SOUND FORGE u can find this in circuit city..its easy to use and u can edit it and mix oter sounds ..hope u get what i said..enjoy
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/04/2004 10:55 pm
You don't need midi to record audio.

There is plenty of free recording software out there, search the recording section of this forum for opinions and links.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.