View post (Neon Lies - need opinions on a female vocalist)

View thread

iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/01/2004 3:16 pm
Wow... very cool on both counts.

The first singer had a really "sweet" voice, kind of like Bjork before she went all kooky. The only problem I have with that song is with the lyrics. I know that's not what you were asking about, but to me singing and lyrics are intertwined. If a song has really bad lyrics, I won't listen, even if the singer is amazing. The lyrics in that song were pretty cliched in my opinion. Anyways, just thought I'd add that, even though you've probably already finished with that song and moved on by now.

Second song: I liked the R&B-type vocals as well. And it was neat to hear vocals on a track that I already liked as an instrumental. It was a very cool balance between the "techno-rock" and R&B. It was like 18 different styles of music in one song that filled my brain and made it nearly explode. The mixing was off, however, I doubt that you spent too much time mixing it or mixed it that way to showcase the vocals. In any case, I think she has a good voice. The only doubts I'd really have with her are her range and volume (i.e. can she really belt it out?).

Now I'm itchin' to hear the rest of the songs, with vocals!
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]