View post (Jackson Humbuckers)

View thread

rev_21
rev_21
11/05/2012 5:34 pm
Originally Posted by: SPLUnless you buy a fully custom made guitar, 99% of the time you're not going to have your favorite pickups in the guitar you buy. Even relatively high quality guitars usually come with crappy or sub-par quality pickups.

To answer the question, I think it's very likely those pickups won't be very good. Stock pickups usually are pretty damn bad.
Depending on how anal you are about you sound or how developed your ears are, you might want to swap them for some higher quality stuff.(DiMarzio, Seymour Duncan, EMG,...)

What matters most is how the guitar plays, feels, and sounds without amplification. If all of those are to your liking, you can always change the pickups to something you really like.

I put huge emphasis on the final paragraph, "What matters most is how the guitar plays, feels, and sounds without amplification. If all of those are to your liking, you can always change the pickups to something you really like." If you have no love for the tone you get off of the guitar acoustically you will never find "your tone" in it ... unless you like the one trick pony that EMGs give you because they literally sound practically the exactly the same in any guitar ... So when buying a new guitar always pick up a few different guitars and I suggest to close your eyes while playing, if you can that is, and listen to way that its resonance, tone and sustain; and if you want to develop your ears at all musically GET A PROFESSIONAL SETUP because tbh stock guitar setups are sometimes spot on but most of the time they are horribly setup