View post (Rap / Pop)

View thread

Jimmi431
Jimmi431
11/17/2004 5:38 pm
hey yeah i know norah jones aint rap or pop, was just makin example of listenin other genres than rock!
will probly get hunted down and shot for sayin this but i dislike shredding. to me it is the equivilant of rappers goin "bling bling" "mah biatch" "im a mother ****** PIMP". it has as much soul as that as i reckon the people playin are just hammering out all the notes from all the scales they ever learnt. for example steve vai's album err passion an warfare is terrible there is one good tune an that is errrr cant remember for love or somethin an that other one where the kid is meant to be playin to his class has a really cool riff in it but other than that its just lift music played fast. cos theyre is no emphaisi on good song writing, just fast, technical playing.
p.s this is just an opinion (not that it matters i dont reckon you really would care that much) an i dont include players like slash who increase the quality of a song by including a solo rather than players who try to make a context for a solo by wiritng a song around it.

now to sit back and wait for the abuse..... haha
The sun is shining the weather is sweet