View post (Getting new speaker cabinet...)

View thread

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
03/29/2006 6:57 pm
Originally Posted by: ozzmancomethman you are wrong i play 70's to 80's metal and i play an ibanez god... there's no sweeter sound ... :cool:

Not trying to rip on you or anything, but who said anything about Ibanez, and who are you saying is wrong? :confused:

Eventhough none of the original posters of this anchiant thread are around anymore, I'll state my opionion on the matter...

I have a 5150 combo, and use it basically as a head to run a Marshall 1960a 4x12 cab. The stock speakers don't sound bad with the 5150, especially if they're nice and broken in. But, I replaced them with 2 Eminence Governors and 2 Eminence Wizards, placed in an "X" pattern. Once these speakers are broken in, this is one monster of a combo! The governors provide you with all the cutting mids you need to cut through the mix, and the Wizards provide you with the bottom end thump and crisp highs. This cab and speaker combo has been great with every amp I've used with it, and every style I've played through it.

However, if I needed a new cabinet now, I would buy one through Avatar. They have the best prices, speaker combinations, variety, and quality around.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<