View post (Finally got an interview)

View thread

Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
11/06/2004 5:40 am
What's up guys? I need some help from all y'all professional employed types. So I got out of college this past June and have had one helluva rotten time trying to get a job as the market blows chunks right now. The past four/five months have been extremely trying for me, but I've finally managed to get an interview for an entry-level job as a software engineer.

I live in Ohio, and the Job is in Tennessee. I talked to the guy yesterday and he said that he's gonna call me on Monday for a 30 minute phone interview, and if that goes well, they're gonna fly me down for an on-site interview. I'm really stoked and don't want to blow this opportunity so I was wondering if y'all could share some interviewing tips and/or stories.

I'm trying to get some "canned" answers built up for when he's like "What're some of your strengths", but I'm having trouble coming up with the opposite, for example, if he asks, "What's your biggest weakness". I was thinking of saying something like I'm a perfectionist (which I'm not), just to have my biggest weakness still be something good, but that seems pretty corny to me. Do you guys got any ideas? What sorts of questions should I expect? Do any of you work in Human Resources?

Thanks a bundle in advance.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile