A little help please!

Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
11/03/2004 2:45 am
I think i'll be lucky to get an answer to this cuz i really can't explain the sound that i wanna know how to make...anyways, the only time I've heard it is in Children of Bodom songs, so i guess someone familiar with their music could help. Off the top of my head, Hellion and Wrath Within are the songs that use it in the solo. Its only a few notes at about 2:11 into Wrath Within which is toward the end of the solo. If i can think of a way to explain the sound, ill post again.
# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
11/03/2004 4:37 am
Well, if that isn't quite the sound to be asking for. My uneducated guess would be that he's using an effect of some sort. I really can't think of any other way to produce such a sound as it doesn't seem like something that be produced so naturally. In the possibility/probability that I'm wrong it might be in your interest to find a video of him playing the solo and see if he does anything interesting. I don't know of anything off hand that would make such a sound though.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
11/03/2004 4:54 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic Excretions In the possibility/probability that I'm wrong it might be in your interest to find a video of him playing the solo and see if he does anything interesting.

Ya know i was supposed to see them tonightin Tucson! I got 2 exams tomorrow though so that became out of the question. I didn't think Alexi used any effects except maybe a wah and delay.
# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
11/13/2004 1:26 am
It might be a type of wah or some expression pedal effect then. Again, don't hold me to that because I don't have my list of Alexi's equipment nearby. But that would be my best guess is it's an effect of one manner or another. Maybe it's also a cunning use of delay effects (or dare I say both wah and delay). Any who, that might sum it up. Good luck chief.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 4
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
11/15/2004 11:27 am
It's a tremolo trick , some people call it (Tiger Claw).
If you have a tremolo bar (hopefully a floyd rose) , make a note sound with your fretting hand , and suddenly hit the trem bar ... The trem bar must be very tightly attached to the bridge to get that trick sound clear.

You don't need any effects to do this , other than your distortion.
# 5
Cookie monster
Cookie monster
11/24/2004 6:29 am
hahaha.....the tiger claw....thats great
damn straight
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.