View post (guitar schools)

View thread

killerqueen
killerqueen
11/06/2004 4:42 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraWhile we're on the subject; Anyone know any guitar schools in England?

i know there is one in Birmingham and possibly one in rickmansworth (not sure exactly where tho) that you can do BTEC's at. i dont really know much about them unfortunatley. i only know they exist because i was given a load of adverts when i bought my last guitar :D . but i have heard (to use a friend's words) that they're very "commercial", and very set in their ways of teaching.

this might suit you, but i think on the whole they're a bit... set in their ways.

the address for the Birmingham one is www.theacademy.uk.com i've never checked it out so you might find links to others in you area.
alternatively you can try a college as most now do degrees in "music practice" (again not exactly sure what this is but might be worth checking out if you're interested).
hope that's of some help (and try not to be swayed by my somewhat jaded veiws of these places - if you really want to do it, go for it. good luck! :D )
Elvis Lives (in my basement)