Sonata Arctica

Hammurabi
Hammurabi
10/20/2004 8:03 am
Has anyone else heard of this band? They're somewhere between Dream Theater and Yngwie.

Someone on campus has an album of theirs on iTunes and I've been listening to it. They rock. I'm surprised I've never seen anybody mention them on here before.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 1
VintageReaper
VintageReaper
10/20/2004 10:52 am
I've heard of them, only heard one song. Don't remember the name of it though, was a while back.
You're an inspiration for birth control. - Duke Nukem.
# 2
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
10/20/2004 1:32 pm
Moved your thread.

And, BTW, I like their name. It looks really cool. And good on ya for spelling "Arctica" correctly. Most Americans (I think you're a Yank) would have spelled it "Artica", as in "Ya, so in geography class we learned about Antartica".
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/20/2004 1:45 pm
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanAnd, BTW, I like their name. It looks really cool. And good on ya for spelling "Arctica" correctly. Most Americans (I think you're a Yank) would have spelled it "Artica", as in "Ya, so in geography class we learned about Antartica".

So all Americans spell things fuhnetikly? Come on, we're not that dumb. :D
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/24/2004 3:59 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonSo all Americans spell things fuhnetikly? Come on, we're not that dumb. :D
[font=trebuchet ms]This comes from a guy who thinks the words "colour, behaviour, and valour" should not have the letter "u" in them.

And you should see how he spells the word "cheque"! :eek:

English didn't get to be as widespread as it is by being "pure". And regional spellings seem to be as varied as the spoken accents are.

Then there's the mind-rot associated with the abbreviations used in cell-phone text messaging.[/font] :rolleyes:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/24/2004 5:28 pm
The thing that really annoys me is peoples inability to want to reason and formulate or even try to understand arguments (I see Homer reasoning everywhere).

The use of logical fallacies used during the US elections was amazing....

A = C because Z = E
A is not B because E = D !

Mind you the state of TV in the US is also to blame. Did you know Fox were take to the court for broadcasting a story they knew to be false.

The court decided they were protected under the first amendment and that knowingly broadcasting lies was OK !! I guess they were just taking a lead from the government !

Amazing !!
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 6
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
10/27/2004 5:12 am
Seen Sonata Arctica and Nightwish live on monday in vienna. Very cool :)

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 7
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/27/2004 12:49 pm
Originally Posted by: AzraelSeen Sonata Arctica and Nightwish live on monday in vienna. Very cool :)

Do you have any albums of your stuff? This post just reminded me that I've seen guitar virtuosos (Yngwie, Michael Angelo) that are worse than you and was wondering why you're not touring. :confused:
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 8
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/27/2004 12:56 pm
Now now Jolly, remember the genital cuff is just around the corner !!!
# 9
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
10/27/2004 1:39 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonDo you have any albums of your stuff? This post just reminded me that I've seen guitar virtuosos (Yngwie, Michael Angelo) that are worse than you and was wondering why you're not touring. :confused:

if that was honest, then i´m seriously flattered. however - i´m working on my career - its just not as simple as one might think. beeng a good musician does not automatically mean to be a famous musician.... sadly. but i´m not giving up :)

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 10
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/27/2004 2:12 pm
Careers get in the way of everything !!!

even sleep !!

pooo !

They do enable me to sleep in a nice bed, eat nice things and afford new TSL100 half-stacks from time to time so I guess I can't complain too much !
# 11
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/27/2004 4:56 pm
Originally Posted by: Dr_simonNow now Jolly, remember the genital cuff is just around the corner !!!

I was being serious.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 12
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/29/2004 5:25 am
Originally Posted by: Azraelif that was honest, then i´m seriously flattered. however - i´m working on my career - its just not as simple as one might think. beeng a good musician does not automatically mean to be a famous musician.... sadly. but i´m not giving up :)

Yeah, that's what I want to see. G3 live, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Azrael. You know, that actually would be pretty sweet...
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.