inspired while driving

iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
10/11/2004 3:11 am
This evening when I was driving home I was blasting John Denver :p , sort of zoning out (probably not a very safe state to be in while driving). I just noticed all the leaves sort of falling and floating down against the sunset... I don't know how to put it into words (I did, but I don't like sharing lyrics). Never the less I came up with lyrics, and so I just had to stop and write them down before I forgot them. I pulled over into a busy gas station, and started writing. It was a bitch getting out, but hopefully it was worth it.
Anybody have similar experience... where you're inspired at the most inconvenient times?

# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/11/2004 4:32 am
Originally Posted by: iiholly... Anybody have similar experience... where you're inspired at the most inconvenient times?
[font=trebuchet ms]You just don't know what a bitch it is to get some blazin' wonderful thing pop into your head while you're riding a motorcycle on a twisty mountain road!

Not only is it hard to find a place to pull over, but you practically have to get undressed to be able to find your pen and write anything with it. Helmet & gloves, jacket that covers all of your pockets, a backpack that's strapped on with a bungee net - quick, convenient access isn't happening.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/11/2004 4:41 am
Originally Posted by: iihollyThis evening when I was driving home I was blasting John Denver :p , sort of zoning out (probably not a very safe state to be in while driving). I just noticed all the leaves sort of falling and floating down against the sunset... I don't know how to put it into words (I did, but I don't like sharing lyrics). Never the less I came up with lyrics, and so I just had to stop and write them down before I forgot them. I pulled over into a busy gas station, and started writing. It was a bitch getting out, but hopefully it was worth it.
Anybody have similar experience... where you're inspired at the most inconvenient times?

You gonna post them?
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/11/2004 5:10 am
Originally Posted by: iiholly... I don't know how to put it into words (I did, but I don't like sharing lyrics)...[/QUOTE][QUOTE=Jolly McJollyson]You gonna post them?
[font=trebuchet ms]Uhh, which word did you not understand?[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
10/11/2004 5:15 am
Actually, this just happened to me, too! Especially now that my main method of writing lyrics is by listening to riffs on a CD while driving and keeping a notepad handy. Just a few days ago, I had to pull over into a plaza that's under construction because I just knew that I would not remember them by the time I got home. I knew this because I had other lyrics that I did forget by the time I got home. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh yeah, and, in spite of what you said, why don't you post 'em up? I did, and I'm probably a worse self-critic than you!
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 5
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/11/2004 1:50 pm
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanActually, this just happened to me, too! Especially now that my main method of writing lyrics is by listening to riffs on a CD while driving and keeping a notepad handy. Just a few days ago, I had to pull over into a plaza that's under construction because I just knew that I would not remember them by the time I got home. I knew this because I had other lyrics that I did forget by the time I got home. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think of all my good songs in a Chinese food Buffet restaurant.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 6
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
10/13/2004 11:46 am
I don't really write much any more, but whenever I do feel the need to jot something down it usually comes to me in that wierd moment in time before I drift off to sleep. I've never been comfortable with the leap from consciousness to unconsciousness. It must stem from being a cranky toddler that didn't want to take his nap....I'm half serious about that synopsis.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 7
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
10/13/2004 12:51 pm
You all should be careful, Driving While Inspired may be a criminal offense, and iiholly, I'm sure listening to John Denver is a crime in all 50 states unless you are over 40. :)
# 8
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
10/19/2004 4:41 pm
I don't get inspired by lyrics, but I do however get inspired with some killer riffs. could be while driving, sitting in my office, basically anywhere I don't have access to a guitar. 90% of the time I forget them when I do get to my guitar :mad:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.