Eric Clapton

wejwejwej
wejwejwej
10/09/2004 5:53 am
I think eric clapton is the most over rated guitar player on earth. He is good.. but he is not god. If it wasnt for buddy guy Eric wouldnt be ****. Eric clapton isnt called slowhand for nothing. Anyone can play blues licks that are copied from another blues artist as slow as old slowhand does. Screw clapton..... for real talent listen to yngwie, vai, or eddie
# 1
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
10/09/2004 5:29 pm
No but really, tell us your true feelings. :)
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 2
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/09/2004 10:55 pm
Eric is something you really have to look past technique to understand why he's so up there. He has such a command over the instrument, his feel is great. Chances are, if you're a diehard shredder, you don't necessarily get to see why putting emotion into a note can be so great. I reccomend putting on some Clapton, closing your eyes, and imagining where it takes you. Shred is great from a technical aspect, and I love Eddie and Vai, but if I do the same thing that I told you to do with Clapton, I end up in some scummy allyway, where a cat is roaming through a dumpster, and a mom living in an apartment is yelling at her son. Clapton, on the other hand, takes me to somewhere indescribable. That's how you know he's good.
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 3
wejwejwej
wejwejwej
10/10/2004 1:46 am
I still agree with my views on clapton.... i still think he is overrated. He may have good feel but like i said he is not god. He is overrated. i think Eddie Van Halen is a way better guitar player (even though Eddie Loves Clapton). Eddie is in my opinion the greatest guitar player in the world EVER!! He may not be as fast as Vai, or play with quite as much emotion as Eric or SRV but eddie is an original and he has contributed soooo much to the guitar. without eddie guitar wouldnt be the same ( even though today we lack a great deal of good guitarists). Eddie is God.... not clapton.
;)
# 4
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/10/2004 3:29 am
Originally Posted by: wejwejwejEddie is God.... not clapton.

You're just begging for trouble, aren't you?

A little advice: Learn the difference between "my favorite" and "the best."

If you don't, there's plenty enough people here who can make you look and feel like a jackass which isn't enjoyable, and we're all here to enjoy ourselves, right?
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
wejwejwej
wejwejwej
10/10/2004 4:26 am
Dude i dont know what you are talkin about. Eddie may be my favorite guitarist.... but i think its a pretty much known fact that he is pretty F*ckin amazing. While Clapton is figureing out who's blues lick he is gonna steal, eddie is busy tearin Sh*t up on his guitar. Eddie was the original tapper, does so much crazy stuff with harmonics, the volume swells (cathedral), and the whammy acbrobatics. im not saying clapton isnt good.... he is!!! but eddie is way better... adn clapton is way overrated. Like i said before look at the guitar before eddie (when clapton was probably the king) adn then look at it about 5-10 years after. He changed it sooo much. Because of Eddie we have Paul gilbert, Vai, Satch, Nuno, Zakk Wylde, and much more. And these guitarists can really play!!!! And they all trace thier influences back to clapton. Clapton is overrated and that is all there is to it. Shut up slowhand im not listening!!!!!
# 6
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
10/10/2004 6:23 am
Dont start with "who influenced who". There are few guitariest who influence the state of guitar like eric clapton. Ever since the yarbirds its been long. Even though clapton is nt my favorite, his versitility cant be beat. In the pure form of guitar i tip my hat off to clapton before eddie anyday. While eddie does one style and does it very well, clapton has proved himself in many genres from blues to rock, from electric to accoustic. For someone who loves the versitility, and potential of a guitar hes got my vote.
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 7
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
10/10/2004 7:13 am
Originally Posted by: wejwejwej Eddie is God.... not clapton.
;)

Actually, im pretty sure Jimi is (was) god. ;)
# 8
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
10/10/2004 1:44 pm
I agree.......................
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.