View post (Stopped playing Guitar?)

View thread

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
10/07/2004 11:48 am
Trading guitars has definately not helped. Ive not had a steady guitar for two years... never one set up like I like em, or even string n tuned as I like.

Im giving up trading though... selling off my last 5 then... or 4 and keeping the one that doesnt sell.

I'll always consider myself a guitarist... Im pretty good even for a player of 3 years. I just dont even listen to music as much these days. The two bands I grew up idolising, GnR and Aerosmith, have slowly lost my attension. Music isnt really a big part of my life now.

At nights I used to sit at the bottom of my bed, on a bean-bag, in the darkness, lit only by the small blue LCD of my hifi! I'd play records and pretend I was a DJ on a rock show! Sad huh! But back then I was really passionate about music.

Music has always been the backdrop to memorable moments in my life. Almost every song I like can be tied to experiences or feeling I felt at one time while that song was on! I guess thats why music canbe so emotive, cos when you hear that song you relive those feelings from the past! :(

I'll NEVER forget the first time I heard Aerosmith... was in my cousins car and she played "Love in an Elevator"!! Totally blew my mind!