So... What're your aspirations as a musician

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
10/05/2004 9:45 pm
I'm sure someone's asked this already, but I feel like asking myself. What're your goals in the music world? How far do you want to take it? As far as playing an acoustic song around the campfire to your spouse and kids or to be raking in the cash or what? I have intentions on being the greatest (sounds out there, but it's my goal all the same). I want to change the world.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
10/05/2004 10:33 pm
Moved yer thread.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 2
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/06/2004 1:48 am
I'd really like to write music for video games. I don't know why but music from RPGs just draws me in. Anything in music would be cool. I'd like to infiltrate the jazz world on guitar and get to jam with some of the greats in the field. I don't think I would go so far as a music teacher. I'd be content with a decent job where I can still jam on the guitar as I please.
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 3
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
10/06/2004 1:55 am
Regardless of how far my aspirations take me, I will continue to hone my skill of the guitar. I would very much like to relocate to Boston and attend the Berklee school of music, but I've already got a Bachelors degree and am still paying off loans from that. So that dream will take a tremendous amount of work at the very least. In the next few years I hope to find a band and gig around locally (Eastern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania). Perhaps just a cover band at first then do original songs once I have more experience with song writing and composition.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
10/07/2004 1:13 pm
My main goal is to just have fun and enjoy playing the guitar. I know I'll never be able to make a living out of playing the guitar. So, until I prove myself wrong, I'm just going to enjoy playing in my band, writing music, and doing home recordings.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
10/07/2004 4:45 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaMy main goal is to just have fun and enjoy playing the guitar. I know I'll never be able to make a living out of playing the guitar. So, until I prove myself wrong, I'm just going to enjoy playing in my band, writing music, and doing home recordings.

My words exactly, except I don't want to make a living out of music (no proving myself wrong). I play for personal enjoyment. I treat it like a hobby.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 6
10/20/2004 6:57 pm
mainly I just want to be the best that I can possibly be I wont be
completly happy till I am as fast as van halen, as creative as jimi hendrix
and as cool as slash. I dont know if I'll ever become famus or if I want to
I just want to play and have people listen to my stuff
;)

P.S. excuse the spelling
rock & roll ant muisic
its a way of life
:cool:
# 7
Aeolian Jazz
Aeolian Jazz
10/24/2004 9:16 pm
Well, for the moment, my plans are to go to the University of Tennessee and get into their jazz program (the best in the nation) and play around in the local scene. I guess I'll see where that takes me... I really wouldnt mind creating somethin' as big as the Trans-Siberian Orchestra tho ;)
'I don't wanna see the day, her tears are falling on my grave.' - The Fall of Troy
# 8
slowned
slowned
10/30/2004 5:29 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI'm sure someone's asked this already, but I feel like asking myself. What're your goals in the music world? How far do you want to take it? As far as playing an acoustic song around the campfire to your spouse and kids or to be raking in the cash or what? I have intentions on being the greatest (sounds out there, but it's my goal all the same). I want to change the world.

well your setting yourself up for dissappointment

have fun being 35 years old and unemployed cause your dream didnt turn out the way you wanted
# 9
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/30/2004 4:00 pm
Originally Posted by: Aeolian JazzWell, for the moment, my plans are to go to the University of Tennessee and get into their jazz program (the best in the nation) and play around in the local scene. I guess I'll see where that takes me... I really wouldnt mind creating somethin' as big as the Trans-Siberian Orchestra tho ;)

Welcome to GT Aeolian Jazz!
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.