View post (Michael Angelo)

View thread

Death55
Death55
10/10/2004 5:20 pm
Originally Posted by: wejwejwejMichael Angelo is no doubt a show off. He is probably the fastest guitar player on the planet.... he can play left handed, right handed, and both handed at the same time ( if you dont beleive me buy the speed kills DVD). But the thing about Michael Angelo is that he has the worst tone ever. All he worries about is speed.... and when you only worry about speed you lose feeling and tone. Its possible to play fast and with feeling but i dont think michael angelo does that. If you wanna hear someone play fast and with feeling listen to yngwie. Michael angelo also isnt original, he is a wanna be yngwie.... the only thing is taht michael angelo is faster. Michael Angelo is a good guitarist adn i highley recommend watching "speed kills" but yngwie, steve, and Paul Gilbert got him beat.

:cool:

What are you on about ? When did you last listen to michael play ?
He does not have bad tone ! Infact, i think he has the best tone out of any guitarist i have heard. I have to agree that his tone may have not be that great a long time ago but his recent stuff has amazing tone. He uses pleanty of mids and you can hear each note perfectly.
I dont know about michael angelo being faster than yngie... its kind of hard to tell. All i know is that michael does not miss notes that often. As i said.. i watched him play twice in one day and i didnt notice him miss one note !
Its funny when people say that someone like michael angelo is a yngwie wanna be. I think he is far from that. Maybe your a yngwie wanna be but michael is trying to be different from other people not trying to be like other people ... why do you think he invented the double neck guitar ? why do you think he started playing over the top of the neck ?
Maybe yngwie, steve and paul gilbert have beat him, but only on popularity which doesnt mean they are better than michael. To back that up i could say that just because busted are more popular than guitarists like satch, vai and yngwie etc doesnt mean they are better !
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.