Amplitube! Please help

tweegle
tweegle
09/30/2004 3:54 am
Ok, I have amplitube running through sound forge, and acid 4. I can run the effects on a recorded sound but i can't use it as and amp simulator. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Don't know much about computer. I only have and Audigy 2 sound card, but I'm not concerned about sound quality right now, I just want to play and hear the effects. What do I need and how do i hook it up. ie programs? what ports on my sound card, line in or mic? and what settings do i need to run or have going to hear my guitar with the effects as I play. Someone please help, I paid for this stuff and don't want to call the tech support long distance on my cell. :confused:
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
10/05/2004 2:08 pm
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Amplitube can only be heard/used on playback. I've played around with it a little and I had to record a dry track (guitar straight into soundcard with no fx added) and then add amplitube. I believe Schmange uses Amplitube, so, maybe he could chime in and give you some advice.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/12/2004 10:03 pm
hmm... wish I could offer some help but I only use Amplitube as an effect after I've finished recording.
I found that the latency is too much to be able to use it live. ie, my latency is about 23.x at best, which is like playing with an echo on everything.
I usually end up recording straight line in most of the time and then checking it back later to see how it sounded.
As far as actually getting a sound to begin with I'd have to know your software and card. I know on my Mac I have to click the 'sound thru' feature in the audio control panel in Cubase (which only works on OS8.6) and use 'Direct Monitoring' with 'Global Disable' selected. (which probably doesn't help if ya aren't using Cubase.)

I know there's another app called Amplitube Live that I assumed tackled all these problems... never checked it out though. I just kinda live with it the way it is.
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
10/13/2004 12:52 pm
There's another program out by Native-Instruments called Guitar Rig. I've tried the demo, and it sounds pretty good. Here's the link.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.