View post (Bush)

View thread

Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/10/2004 7:08 am
Thanks Pony for detailing what I very briefly touched on in my previous post. The reason we got into that war "FLIP-FLOPPED" so many damn times (WMD, links to Al Quada, he's a brutal dictator, we must bring democracy to the unfortunates, sellin' nukes, etc..) that it amazes me that they can point a finger and use that term. Again, I must reiterate how powerful Republicans are when it comes to spinning an issue.

Some of my favorite Republican misnomers are "The no child left behind" bill, which is an unfunded mandate that all but ensures that every child will be "left behind". And, of course, my absolute favorite, "The clean skies act", which lowers emissions levels allowing all the special interest groups that pull the strings of the Bush administration to pollute for profit.

Joe Average is like, "hey, I don't want any child left behind, and I like clean skies; conservative sounds better than liberal. Plus I don't have time to actually read up on the issues because Dr. Phil is on. I'll just do what the nice people on Fox News say to do, and then take the kids to Wal-Mart."

Not trying to be excessively mean, but alot is on the line, and I don't think choosing the next president should be taken lightly. This is merely my opinion and observation on how I view "Joe Average". I feel the public is lazy and misinformed.

P.S. Who do you think provides the most unbiased account of the news?
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile