Guitar picks

BaylorGuitar
BaylorGuitar
08/30/2004 2:23 am
Hi there, I was wondering what size guitar pick ya'll might use for really fast guitar stuff. Im learning flight of the bumblebee right now and im having some trouble getting it up to speed. Right now i'm using a .73mm Dunlop. Do you think it'd be easier with a fatter, sturdier pick, or do i just need to keep practicing.
# 1
alucard0941
alucard0941
08/30/2004 2:48 am
i dont know what will be best for you, but i play .38mm pick (they are small as hell) and i can play just about ever fast lick in the book. so picks are mainly up to you. if you are having wrist controll on alternate picking, then maybe its the pick, but if its just speed, then you need to work on your picking speed.

just my opinion, dont go out and buy 8 differnt sets of picks and see which one suites you best.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 2
BaylorGuitar
BaylorGuitar
08/31/2004 5:27 am
Originally Posted by: alucard0941i dont know what will be best for you, but i play .38mm pick (they are small as hell) and i can play just about ever fast lick in the book. so picks are mainly up to you. if you are having wrist controll on alternate picking, then maybe its the pick, but if its just speed, then you need to work on your picking speed.

just my opinion, dont go out and buy 8 differnt sets of picks and see which one suites you best.

Thanks for the help. Did you mean that I should buy different picks? Also when I start to play at high speeds I tend to put a lot more arm into it than when im at a comfortable speed. In fact my wrist doesnt move much at all then. Is this bad. This is only when playing really fast so its not like my arm is competely out of control, very small movements, but do you think i should use more of my rist or is it more of a style/preference thing? Thanks.
# 3
TheDirt
TheDirt
08/31/2004 5:35 am
I use 1mm picks... not because that's what I've been told works best, but because that's what I like best. It feels best to me... it's easy to strum, but also doesn't flop around when picking fast, single-note lines. I also suggest that you buy a variety of picks from .5mm to 2mm and play with each for a day and keep the one that feels best.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.