View post (Are you attracted to the rockstar lifestyle?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
04/25/2001 1:42 am
Well, I guess a lot of people were confused with where I was going with this post...

So to make the question a little bit more clear, well basically a lot of us who start casual relationships tend to view music in the same way. Its rather habitual, where we just wan't to be in the moment, and where longevity never even crosses our minds. Its rather sad that several musicans today have admitted to the fact that they are just looking for a number one hit, and thats it. Being that they just wan't their moment in the spotlight, where hard work is thrown out the window. Where they're intentions are based primarily on being in the right place at the right time. (cough cough, Sugar Ray.)

Being that music is very personal to us, we tend to use it to get us fame and notoriety, and then once we found our place in the spotlight, we're done. Its hard to believe that this way of thinking has caught on, because what really matters is whether or not you're at peace with yourself at the end of the day, planning a future in something you love instead of relying on a few lucky moments. I guess the overall question deals with whether or not you feel because of your need for "The casual human relationship" this has effected your music in anyway, or do you know someone who feels this way? Believe me Ive seen a lot of different people up close to think this way, not only about music but pertaining to life as well, and its not pretty. But in some ways, they can't help it, because its in their blood...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."