View post (building guitars)

View thread

pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
08/18/2004 1:04 pm
I don't think anyone here would try to discourage you, but, scratch building isn't something you want to just jump into, like Lordatthestrings said there are tool, time and material cost to consider, and also the investment of learning the skills needed to make a decent attempt, and it even goes deeper than that, some questions you may want to ask yourself, Do I have any clue as to what makes a good guitar?, If I do get one together can I make it playable?, How,where and with what am I going to finish it with? There are alot of questions you'll have to ask and answer yourself, if you haven't ever really done any kind of work on guitars, you might want to go and and find something cheap and use it to learn on, learning to maintain your own guitar is a good place to start and it's something that's good to know even if you never build a guitar. Have you ever seen any of the internet sites on Brian Mays guitar? I thought some of them were very interesting, and really I am amazed that his guitar sounds as good as it does, it's a very non-standard construction and my hat is off to Brian May and his Dad, because it has held up very well and sounds great to boot....................