View post (Music is coming back)

View thread

iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
08/16/2004 4:29 am
Alter Bridge is the original members of Creed plus a new singer. The guitarist has always claimed to be a Metallica fan and idolizes Hammett, but we didn't really know for sure how true that was until this new project. I don't really dig the solo (for now, that is), but at least it's something. Some nice arpeggiation and such in it.

Originally Posted by: The AceWhat about Jesus Christ Superstar? It's only the greatest rock opera of all time!

(Note: there are only two rock operas, the one above, and Tommy, PLEASE tell me if you know of anymore, it's kind of an obsessive thing for me)

Hmm... did we forget "The Wall", perhaps the definitive rock opera? I don't really agree with calling Jesus Christ Superstar a rock opera, since it was an actual theatre production, whereas I believe the usual definition of rock opera is an album by a rock band that has a storyline.

Also, there's Greendale by Neil Young, which is actually a murder mystery. That's pretty darned funny, if you ask me! Apparently when he was touring with the new album (he might still be) he would play it all the way through and there would be actors onstage with the band acting out the murder mystery.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]