View post (Our Chances)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
07/15/2005 7:48 pm
I think people believe that most people that make it big get lucky... and I know there are a lot of bands out there that where in the right place at the right time and made it big... But the majority of bands that truly make careers out of selling records are there because they dedicated themselves to it. They worked their asses off to get where they are. They quit there jobs and scraped together money to by their gear and a tiny van and they called a ton of places around the country to get gigs and they toured nonstop for 3 years before finally someone said "hey these guys got what it takes" those are the kind of stories you will hear... more than... I was playing in a bar this one time and a big-wig from Geffen was there and he slapped a contract in front of me because I had a sound that he was looking for.... blah blah. It takes hard work to get anything in life... people that go from being poor to being multi millionaires got there because they worked hard for it. People like Bill Gates... he was an average person and he worked his ass of promoting his good ideas and his technology and now look at him. If you really want something... and you're willing to go get it...anything is possible. It won't come to you though, you have to go to it.