View post (What the f***)

View thread

Death55
Death55
08/15/2004 6:49 pm
Yep. I have that problem everytime people come over to my house or i take my guitar to a party.
My dad gets everyone to come and watch me play and then says "play that classical piece". :mad:
He always says it. It annoys me because i end up like you were... im just sitting there trying to remember how to play the stupid piece that i never play. I keep making mistakes and then at the end my dad says(or even while i'm playing) "he hasnt quite got it yet". I just sit there thinking "of course i cant f***ing play it yet because i never practice it :rolleyes:
I cant believe what he actually told some people yesterday just before i started jamming with a drummer and bassist. He said "he isnt that good yet but he is getting there". AAHHH. He usually tells everyone how i'm good. I cant believe he said that i'm not very good...

but.. back to the point. I do wish people would shut there mouths sometimes.
Oh, i know what you mean about people appluads you when you have just played something pretty crappy.
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.