View post (The music notes)

View thread

N0ISEhazard
N0ISEhazard
08/08/2004 7:42 am
Okay... My friends and I are trying to put together a band... I don't really know much about music however. (Our family hardly has any musical background.) I was wondering about songwriting.

I have no idea how the whole songwriting thing works out... My friend said that I'd probably end up writing the songs, but is it usually one person writing songs or is it the whole band? Also, I don't know how to read/write music notes... does that play a big role in sharing music ideas? I don't know, I'm not the singer of the band, so I don't see how I'd be able to sing to give off somewhat a "demo" on how the song is supposed to come out. Bleh, this whole songwriting concept has puzzled me for quite a while now. It's coming to the extent of raising doubts. :confused:

Also, I have ADHD and I'm bipolar... I don't take any medication for it but I think the ADHD effects my memory. Sometimes I hallucinate really good music or I get these awesome ideas but by the time I try to figure it out, I forget. I can't write music notes either so~... I don't know what to do. I would take medication or whatever to see if it helped, but it might interfere with my creativity because the psychological problems also provoke creativity... Any ideas?

[FONT=Arial]"Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"
-Johnny Rotten[/FONT]