View post (Dream Guitar)

View thread

LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/21/2001 2:32 am
*Hard to say.....I'm thinkin' some kinda custom unit.....I once cut an Ibanez Les Paul down (Bondo to fill front pickup and other holes/seams and Canary Yellow paint for final finish) so that the top half was a flyin' V (For ease of strum and access) and left the bottom alone (So that it made the perfect lap guitar (Also, by cutting down and using bondo in certain places, I was able to perfectly balance the axe....Nice for the stage:).....It only had one bridge H/bucker and one volume knob....I shoulda patented that guitar....I showed it to a guy at the music store and he went nutz :D.......(Back to the subject of "Dream guitars")...I'd probably like a guitar shaped like a strat, has the sound (tone and sustain) of a Les Paul and is priced like a Cheapo Squire :D.....My next Axe will probably be custom built from various woods, necks, hardware.......Gonna be one of a kind :)...Also, here's a pic of a cheapo "Star" that I modified into a ROCK MONSTA !!! It has a custom Kayler and custom neck with a Super distortion 2 p/u......The paint job is actually black on white, but has a blue flip/flop in the many coats of clear....AWESOME on stage when the lights hit it....:D...This is a photo of the V, 15 years ago, when I lived in CA.......

[Edited by LEEtheV on 02-20-2001 at 10:13 PM]
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D