View post (I'm In A Band!!!)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
07/20/2004 4:01 pm
Early April, I submitted an entry to a reality TV show that's in progress in South Africa(www.projectfame.co.za). Although I didn't make it to the final show, I did meet quite a few interesting boys and girls in the ensuing auditions.(Note to self: Beautiful girls do play the guitar).
Me and two of the guys I met(and the only ones whose phone numbers I felt inclined to ask for-I didn't ask any of the girls, stupid me), have decided to form a band.
We met the other day to talk about it( we HAVE chemistry!!), and after the talking, we went to a club called Cactus in Nairobi(did you get to sample it, Eggman?), where a band was playing. One of my bandmates(it feels good calling someone that) knows one of the guys in the band, and after they finished plaaying, we got on stage and played Matchbox 20's 3 AM. The crowd liked it. I WAS ECSTATIC!!It was my first time ever to play for a crowd. It wasn't as scary as I'd thought my first time would be(I guess some girls could say that too :D ).
We're starting serious practice as a group at the end of next month, when all of us will be readily available. By serious practice, I mean three to four hours a day, four or five days a week.
I have a feeling we'll do well together(doesn't everyone?).
I hope we'll come to gel and perform as a unit.
I hope we'll come to create good music.
And if we make some money out of it, we'll thank the man above.
And if you like me, wish us luck.