View post (program to play songs slower?)

View thread

ChromeBeast
ChromeBeast
07/21/2004 1:19 am
Originally Posted by: killerqueenthere's another program at www.mysongbook.com which sounds similar to the transcribe thing.
you can download the demo for free and then download most songs from the site. you can slow stuff down on it and use a progression thing which slows down the part you want, and speeds it up a bit on each loop.
i've used it a couple of times for some malmsteen stuff and its been pretty good for that.
i dunno if Transcribe does this, but on this demo it has the tab with it aswell.

hope that helps :D

That website is really for Guitar Pro files. Thats not a bad thing, but it only has songs already transcribed. Personally, I try to never use someone elses tab because I come to reply on it, and don't learn the song as well. When I use Transcribe! and learn the song I seem to play it more accurately.

To clarify:
Transcribe! allows you to take any recording (wav, mp3, etc) and mark the sections, loop the sections, slow down the tempo without changing the pitch, tune the song to your instrument (excellent when you do not want to retune your guitar that is in drop D to learn a song in drop C, or if the song was recorded slightly off of A=440, like some Goo Goo Dolls).

Mysongbook/Guitar Pro is software to allow you enter/play the tab you, or someone else, have already transcribed. The resulting file is played back via Midi. This certainly has a purpose, but not for what ""beginner" was looking...in my humble opinion. :cool: