View post (getting the best sound out of a crappy computer microphone)

View thread

TequilaChaser
TequilaChaser
10/17/2004 4:36 pm
Originally Posted by: BluesMetalIf your amp has a headphone jack then you should run a line to the line-in on your sound card. I got a rockman and just run it on clean sound and use my effects through it rather than my amp when I record on the computer and ran the headphone line into my sound card.
If there is no line-in on your sound card just make a mono jack and plug the headphone amp into your mic port.

using this line-in method from the headphone jack of my practice amp, will I need to keep the volume down on the amp? to keep from over powering the soundcard? I am trying to get as best sound out of it as possible. Also, are you saying I can record in stereo by using a mic infront of or around the amp along with the line-in?

One more question.....I have made some .wav format type of 4 or 5 songs, but when I open them in FruityLoops 4.1 Producer and open them onto a new channel, I can not get them to play all the way thru with out it starting to overlap, the songs are 3 1/2 to 4 minutes long, ut FruityLoops wants to only go around 30 seconds before it repeats? what can I do here?

any help is appreciated
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]TequilaChaser[/FONT]