Got Any Tips?

guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
07/01/2004 6:37 am
I finally hav a band thats going good after 2 failures. Im only 12 tho. my band just performed at my skools talent show. we did pretty good and i really hope nothing happens to break up the band. Duz any1 more experienced hav any tips on how to keep it going and kinda promote the band with more opportunities to play? If sum1 kud please giv me sum tips id really appreciate.Thanks.:-()
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 1
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
07/23/2004 2:10 am
Here's a Hairbndrckr-ism for ya:

Just go with the flow...If it feels too much like work, then it must be work.... since musicians don't work, and you're doing something that is too much like work, it's time to move on and get something else working...

Basically music is supposed to be fun. That's why we hire managers to screw it up for us...

So just go out and enjoy it... If you love it, they will come... fans that is...
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 2
TheDirt
TheDirt
07/23/2004 4:59 am
You're pretty young, so I don't assume you'll be looking for any club gigs or anything like that... I would suggest that you host a party at your house or one of the other band members' houses and play there. Just get together a bunch of friends, and your band jams. Advertise by word of mouth.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 3
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
07/23/2004 1:42 pm
Us give you tips? Dude you're 12 and in your 3rd band, just keep doing what you are doing, and in a few years we will be asking you for tips!
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.