View post (multi effect pedals)

View thread

TheDirt
TheDirt
07/01/2004 3:16 am
I see things like this (I love analogies)... Buying a multi-effects unit instead of stomp boxes is like buying a Leatherman (tm) instead of individual tools.

You see, the Leatherman can do everything -- it can open bottles, cut stuff, screw and unscrew, snip wires, act like pliers, etc., and it's cheap. However, having a seperate tool for each job is sometimes better, because individual tools are more suited for their individual functions -- it's easier to snip wires with a wire cutter than to try to squeeze the Leatherman into a tight spot so the wire gets way down in the pliers where the cutter is. Most people can get by with just a Leatherman, but most professionals use individual tools... I'm hope you see where I'm going with this.

Did that rather dumb analogy help?
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster