- Metal Lead: Get Started Intro
- Metal Lead: Sound
- Learn From The Blues
- Chord Tones & Scales
- Solo Part 1: Bends & Chord Tones
- Solo Part 2: Unison Bends
- Solo Part 3: Bluesy Double Stops
- Solo Part 4: Harmonizing
- Play Along: Harmonizing
- Play Along: The Entire Solo
- The Harmonizing Part Slowed Down
- The Entire Solo Slowed Down
Scales are good to know, and can be a great tool for any guitarist. But to really create great solos you should learn about chord tones.
What are chord tones? Well, they're simply the notes of the chord you're playing over. If the band is playing Em, the chord tones are E, G, and B - the notes in an Em chord. They will sound really nice against that chord.