The tip of the week is to look up! It important to remember to keep your eyes on the other musicians you are playing with. Eye contact is an important communication skill. It's also important to make eye contact with your audience and to enjoy the moment.
This week's lesson is an easy Keith Richards chord lick. This lick involves isolating just 3 notes on 3 adjacent strings and making the most of just 2 chord voicings!
If you like this lesson, then GT has a whole tutorial on how to play in the style of Richards.
There's a whole lot of Rolling Stones songs in the GT song catalog.
And there's also tutorials on understanding, learning and playing triad inversions like the lesson chord lick.
Anders' latest All Styles tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Getting Musical With Harmonics
- Scales On One String
- Inside Picking
- Playing Behind the Bridge and Above the Nut
- Keith Richards Style Chord Lick
- Major Pentatonic
- Double Drop D
- Breaking Up Barre Chords
- Thumbs Voicings
- How To Get Creative With A Blues Lick
- The Ultimate Country Lick
- Cool Surf Riff
- Outlaw Western
- Open Position Blues Tricks
- Writing Music On Guitar
- Hybrid Picking
- Arpeggiating Open Chords
- Conquering Stage Fright And Nerves
- Making Riffs Out Of Chords
- Chicks And Fills
- Cowboy Chords
- Simple Piano Style Blues Lick
- Easy String Bending Trick
- Making Pentatonic Sound Jazzy
- Knopfler-Style Rhythm Playing
- Knopfler-Style Lead Playing
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!