You'll also learn the secret behind his great sounding solos. Using the neck position pickup is best for this tone, Neal is using a Les Paul with the neck position pickup with just a little bit of gain.
Fun fact: Gilmour played a 50s gold top Les Paul straight into the board (no amp) for his legendary solo in "The Wall."
Tip of the Week: How to become more musical.
Neal's latest Rock tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Guitar Tricks 85: Volume Swells
- Guitar Tricks 95: Santana Lick in C Minor
- Guitar Tricks 99: Intro to GT Ch 94
- Guitar Tricks 79: Jeff Beck Style
- Guitar Tricks 82: Blues Rock Lick
- Guitar Tricks 113: David Gilmour Style Lesson
- Guitar Tricks 119: Easy Blues Rock Licks
- Guitar Tricks 126: Southern Rock Lick
- Guitar Tricks 141: Unison Bends
- Guitar Tricks 150: Pentatonic Shred in A
- Guitar Tricks 154: 4-Note Rock Lick
- Guitar Tricks 165: David Gilmour Style Lead
- Guitar Tricks 170: Classic Rock Lead
- Guitar Tricks 116: Rockabilly In 3 Mins
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!