The tip of the week is an easy way to improve your practicing skills. If you have your guitar out of the case and plugged in ready to go it makes it easier to get motivated to practice.
This week's lesson is how to use the pentatonic box and a few technique tricks to play a great sounding rock lick. If you like this lesson, then GT has a lot more that cover ideas on how to play rock licks using the pentatonic scale across the guitar!
Neal's latest Rock tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Guitar Tricks 85: Volume Swells
- Guitar Tricks 95: Santana Lick in C Minor
- Guitar Tricks 99: Intro to GT Ch 94
- Guitar Tricks 79: Jeff Beck Style
- Guitar Tricks 82: Blues Rock Lick
- Guitar Tricks 113: David Gilmour Style Lesson
- Guitar Tricks 119: Easy Blues Rock Licks
- Guitar Tricks 126: Southern Rock Lick
- Guitar Tricks 141: Unison Bends
- Guitar Tricks 150: Pentatonic Shred in A
- Guitar Tricks 154: 4-Note Rock Lick
- Guitar Tricks 165: David Gilmour Style Lead
- Guitar Tricks 170: Classic Rock Lead
- Guitar Tricks 116: Rockabilly In 3 Mins
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!