The tip of the Week is how to use licks you already know to create a riff. Try a lick an octave lower to turn it from a lead lick to a rhythm riff.
This week's lesson is how to use some simple note choices and techniques to get a Southern rock sound.
If you like this lesson, then GT has a lot more that cover ideas on how to play in this style!
Neal's latest Rock tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Guitar Tricks 85: Volume Swells
- Guitar Tricks 95: Santana Lick in C Minor
- Guitar Tricks 99: Intro to GT Ch 94
- Guitar Tricks 79: Jeff Beck Style
- Guitar Tricks 82: Blues Rock Lick
- Guitar Tricks 113: David Gilmour Style Lesson
- Guitar Tricks 119: Easy Blues Rock Licks
- Guitar Tricks 126: Southern Rock Lick
- Guitar Tricks 141: Unison Bends
- Guitar Tricks 150: Pentatonic Shred in A
- Guitar Tricks 154: 4-Note Rock Lick
- Guitar Tricks 165: David Gilmour Style Lead
- Guitar Tricks 170: Classic Rock Lead
- Guitar Tricks 116: Rockabilly In 3 Mins
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!