The tip of the week also shows you an unconventional way of making your guitar scream by yelling into the pickup.
This week's lesson is how to use the pentatonic box patterns to make cool sounding licks.
If you like this lesson, then GT has a lot more that cover ideas on how to expand the pentatonic scale across the guitar!
Neal's latest Rock tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Guitar Tricks 12: Palm Muting Lesson
- Guitar Tricks 17: Free Songwriting Lesson
- Guitar Tricks 29: Chord Riffs
- Guitar Tricks 32: Pentatonic Soloing
- Guitar Tricks 38: Hammer-Ons and Pull-Offs
- Guitar Tricks 39: Whammy Bar Lesson
- Guitar Tricks 47: Guitar Solo Technique Two Best Notes
- Guitar Tricks 48: Easy Guitar Chords
- Guitar Tricks 52 : Pick Scrape Lesson
- Guitar Tricks 63: Fuller Power Chords
- Guitar Tricks 70: Hendrix Guitar Lesson
- Guitar Tricks 71: Alternate Power Chords
- Guitar Tricks 173: Breaking Pentatonic Ruts
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!