Get Full Access Today To Learn
Learning To Read Music Tutorial 2
Plus 11,000 More Guitar Lessons.
|Product||Cost||Lessons||Instructors||Instructor Help||New Lessons||Return Policy|
|Guitar Tricks||$19.95||11,000+||45 Instructors||Yes||Yes, Weekly||60 Days|
|Guitar Dvd's||$30 - $60||20 - 30||1 Instructor||No Interaction||No||No|
|Guitar Books||$20 - $40||30 - 40||1 Instructor||No Interaction||No||No|
|Other Sites||$20 - $40||100 - 500||1-5 Instructor||Sometimes||Sometimes||3-7 Days|
|In-person||$40 - $80||1 Hour||1 Instructor||Yes||Yes||No|
In the first tutorial series Learning To Read Music Tutorial Part 1 we covered the essentials:
1. What notes to play.
2. When to play those notes & how long they last.
3. How to count the rhythm; the time signature.
4. What speed to play the piece; the tempo.
Now we will focus on the other characteristics:
5. What scale is being used; called the key signature.
6. How loudly or quietly to play those notes; called dynamics.
7. What qualities those notes should have; such as staccato (sharp & disconnected) or legato (smooth & connected); called phrasing & timbre.
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!