Senior Full-Stack Developer
GuitarTricks.com is one of the most popular resources for learning guitar online, with millions taught since we started over 20 years ago. Thousands of people from all over the world use our website and mobile apps to learn guitar every day. The business is profitable and growing, with a relaxed work environment and stable hours. We are a small team working completely remotely, with efficient processes and no pointless meetings. No frustrating corporate roadblocks or annoying forced company zoom rituals. Everyone on the team is smart, kind and very good at what they do.
About The Job:
You will be one of two full time developers on the team, and you will report directly to the CEO. Sometimes you will be working on a Laravel site built with modern standards, and other times you will be maintaining a legacy site with mostly procedural PHP code. Some projects will be implementing new features, others will be performance or security improvements.
- You like to have variety in your projects.
- You can make iterative improvements to a codebase rather than needing to always rewrite from scratch.
- You have a strong understanding of Laravel.
- You aren’t afraid to jump on a command line, read a server log and diagnose an issue.
- You are familiar with test-driven development.
- You are experienced with Git.
- You have been the only developer on a project before.
- You don’t mind sacrificing code quality for development speed on projects that call for it.
- You work well with team members who are not tech-savvy.
- You can project manage and work best with a project plan.
This is a full time remote position with competitive salary and benefits. You must be located in the USA. Please email email@example.com with a cover letter in the body of your email, and include your resume as an attachment for consideration.