how long to play slipknot songs

maxypad85
maxypad85
09/02/2003 5:54 am
i just got my first guitar it's a ESP M-10 i want to know how long well it take to learn to play slipknot songs on my guitar.
# 1
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/02/2003 12:35 pm
Dude!!!
Slipknot is easy!
I'll tell you how to play a song(forget the name)from there new album on this post!

1.Put your guitar down(you might damage or mis-use it)
2.Stand at the top of your stairs and kick your mother(father,brother,sister,friend)down them for buying you slipknots "music".If YOU purchased it then throw yourself down the stairs.
3.If it was downloaded,you must destroy the hard drive of the computer as it most likley has infected it with a worm("maggot" if you will).
4.Buy a cheap guitar or borrow one from a friend(assuming they enjoy slipknot as well.)
5.Ok,this is where we play the actual song...Carfully stand at the top of the same flight of stairs you threw another person or yourself down.Plug into a 10-15 Watt Crate combo with everything set at ten(on the amp).The guitar cable must be at least the length of you steps.Make sure your bridge pickup is selcted and tone and volume knobs maxed.
Now,Fling that guitar down those steps.It will make plenty of grainy noise and the notes that are sounded wont reach beyond the 5th fret.You have just played EVERY slipknot song.
6.pick up your M-10(great guitar for the price)and learn your basic chords,scales and some songs to start of with that will challenge you and improve you playing...
Purple Haze(Jimi hendrix)
Fade To Black(mettalica)
Stairway(no pun)To Heaven(Led Zepplin)
Crazy Train(Ozzy)

You are now on the road to being a very talented guitarist...repeat all the above if needed.

also check out bands from record labels such as...

Relapse,earache,metalblade,century media and empire records.

have fun!

Later! \m/
Try once,fail twice...
# 2
The Other One
The Other One
09/02/2003 1:55 pm
Yea slipknot songs are pretty easy....mostly just down tune your guitar to B-F-B on the last three strings and play slightly muted power chords on the 1st and 2nd frets...LOL:D
....What a long, strange trip its been.....
# 3
Gainer
Gainer
09/02/2003 2:23 pm
Originally posted by chucklivesoninmyheart
Dude!!!
Slipknot is easy!
I'll tell you how to play a song(forget the name)from there new album on this post!

1.Put your guitar down(you might damage or mis-use it)
2.Stand at the top of your stairs and kick your mother(father,brother,sister,friend)down them for buying you slipknots "music".If YOU purchased it then throw yourself down the stairs.
3.If it was downloaded,you must destroy the hard drive of the computer as it most likley has infected it with a worm("maggot" if you will).
4.Buy a cheap guitar or borrow one from a friend(assuming they enjoy slipknot as well.)
5.Ok,this is where we play the actual song...Carfully stand at the top of the same flight of stairs you threw another person or yourself down.Plug into a 10-15 Watt Crate combo with everything set at ten(on the amp).The guitar cable must be at least the length of you steps.Make sure your bridge pickup is selcted and tone and volume knobs maxed.
Now,Fling that guitar down those steps.It will make plenty of grainy noise and the notes that are sounded wont reach beyond the 5th fret.You have just played EVERY slipknot song.
6.pick up your M-10(great guitar for the price)and learn your basic chords,scales and some songs to start of with that will challenge you and improve you playing...
Purple Haze(Jimi hendrix)
Fade To Black(mettalica)
Stairway(no pun)To Heaven(Led Zepplin)
Crazy Train(Ozzy)

You are now on the road to being a very talented guitarist...repeat all the above if needed.

also check out bands from record labels such as...

Relapse,earache,metalblade,century media and empire records.

have fun!

Later! \m/

That was hilarious! You're right man!
Learn Metallica and Zeppelin.
If I leave here tomorrow,
Will you still remember me?
# 4
TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
09/02/2003 3:43 pm
Now now, lets not encourage self-injuring...be careful people! Knowing the average Slipknot fan they will probably try whatever you suggest and take a pic of their tortured self for your pleasure....
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'
# 5
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
09/02/2003 5:13 pm
Originally posted by ^Chacron^
Now now, lets not encourage self-injuring...be careful people! Knowing the average Slipknot fan they will probably try whatever you suggest and take a pic of their tortured self for your pleasure....

ROFLMAO!!!

That's hilarious. Sh*tknot does suck, but let him have his own opinion.

How long will it take you to learn the song depends on how you practice? If you practice just that song and you've never played guitar, maybe a week or two, maybe a month, maybe a year. Depends on how fast you learn and what you are really practicing. Try learning a variety of songs not just ones by certain bands, it will improve your overall playing.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 6
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
09/02/2003 9:59 pm
there songs are really easy but the practice routine mick showed in the guitar magazine is a killer..u guys say they suck..hey obviously they dont to some other wise they wouldnt be selling albums..y do u people have to bash bands so harshly..i mean comeone, ive bashed tihngs but not liek sayin "sh!tnot" its like ur jealous cuz therer were they are and ur not
most songs wont take long but the vast majority of their tabs are wrong..learn them by ear
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 7
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/02/2003 10:36 pm
Ive heard that Mick is talented.To bad he isnt in a band that allows its members to put 110% into there music.
They got where they are by making compromises with there music and worst of all,themselves.Ive never thought of it in this vain,but integrity realy counts musically(for me at least).

I dont bash bands because there popular or because the underground hates them(Pantera).I bash them because they conform there sound,lyrics,image e.c.t to reach untouched "revenue"(people)and markets.People are weak.Thats the way the human brain works.Monkey see,monkey do,follow me,be cool too.Like it or not,its built in and strong.All great leaders(Hitler is a shining example of a true leader...he was evil...but he was one influential leader)and industries know that people fall like domino's as long as they havnt been exposed to the upper alternate.
When you fall in love with that alternate and look back,you see the truth...then you look forward and can see nothing,but you can move ahead with the knowlege youve gained.

that my philosophy for the day...

later! \m/

Try once,fail twice...
# 8
Karma In The South
Karma In The South
09/02/2003 11:15 pm
I dotn care for Slipknot, but I have the Murderdolls album, a side project of Slipknots drummer Joey Jordison(?) where he plays guitar. Its really good, punky pop metal type stuff in the vein of early Crue, I love the album. Anyone else got it?
# 9
Cody_King
Cody_King
09/03/2003 12:52 am
I like Slipknot, and Mick is a bad ass ;), he could probley smoke most of the people on these boards.
# 10
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
09/03/2003 12:57 am
i have the murderdoll cd..i like some of the solos like dead in hollywood..ive tried some of micks stuff and he is awesome..him and zakk are friends that shred together during ozzfest..dimbag too
# 11
merker
merker
09/03/2003 2:30 am
I have the Murderdolls album, its really neat, stuff, i especially like 197666!
Playing Guitar is fun!
# 12
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
09/03/2003 6:47 am
Originally posted by ketsueki15
..u guys say they suck..hey obviously they dont to some other wise they wouldnt be selling albums..

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
Wrong answer

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 13
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
09/03/2003 9:33 pm
EEEEPPP??? what do u mean..u guys dont like their music some do..they sell albums because some ppl like their music
# 14
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/03/2003 10:09 pm
Have you ever heard a Slipknot fan comment on the music?Ive never heard from the mouth of a slipknot fan "man thats a sick riff"...Ive heard "There awsome","they rule","they own","corys hot" e.c.t,but nothing to do with there music.

Can you say baaa baaa sheep?
Try once,fail twice...
# 15
Cody_King
Cody_King
09/03/2003 10:14 pm
The Intro Riff to Spit it out is pretty awsome. :)
The Drums in Purity are crazy.
How Prosthetics builds up ends makes it a great song.

There a Fan, and guitarest that commented on there playing, which might be super technical(Although Mick and Jim have both been known to be very good guitarests) but they can make it sound good.
# 16
concrete chaos
concrete chaos
09/04/2003 2:38 pm
mmm britney spears and the lot sell more records cus theyre easy to listen to
painful if u have my ears.

yes everyone is entitled to an oppion but sales doesnt make a good band.

they sell cus theres a market and taht no good for music
check out jazz failed in the market but great music
'i dont have low self esteem, it's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else' - Daria
# 17
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/04/2003 6:20 pm
Originally posted by ketsueki15
there songs are really easy but the practice routine mick showed in the guitar magazine is a killer..u guys say they suck..hey obviously they dont to some other wise they wouldnt be selling albums.

I don't know if these points have come up in this thread - I don't have time to check right now, if so, I appologize for being redundant.

Now, onto the post:

1). Since the Backstreet Boys sell more records than Slipknot, they must be better, right?

2). Yes, both of Slipknot's guitarists are talented enough musicians (they've both been in Melodic DM bands). Because of that, it strikes me as somehow worse that they play music as overtly dumb as Slipknot's.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 18
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/04/2003 9:31 pm
worst part about slipknot(besides the music)is that they openly addmited to doing it for the money.You know when you see a slipknot fan...an angst attitude and foul mouth that seems grossly fake.They defend slipknot as the best band ever,have all the posters,shirts,buttons,coffee mugs,rag dolls,pens,traper keepers,tampons e.c.t and disregard all other music.
There very much like teeny boppers...actually alot of them are!There hardcore at 10+ years old!

Where the flock goes no one knows!
Try once,fail twice...
# 19
Cody_King
Cody_King
09/04/2003 9:56 pm
Every Rock star dose it for the Fans ;) lol, the millions of dollars that come with it, ya, thats nothing,....for the fans!
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.