Heads up GT News- "Clapton is still God"

manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
11/23/2020 10:20 pm

Just to highlight for anyone out there who is perhaps unaware of or doesn't check the Guitar Tricks News blog regularly or recently to have missed it, this was posted just over a week ago (13NOV20).

"Clapton is God". One for the blues or Eric Clapton aficionado, of which I am definitely among the latter. The Guitar Tricks song lesson on J.J. Cale's "Cocaine" as covered by Eric in 1977 as taught by Tom Finch I did some time ago, and was one I particularly enjoyed at the time as much as I still do playing it to this day.

Anything taught in the Made Easy series lessons by Caren Armstrong in her attention to minutiae which matter but grounded down to earth style is always a [u]fun and motivating[/u] experience too IME, this being no exception, so there's something for everyone here.

Something "As Made Famous by Eric Clapton" there from Anders and Mike too.

Thanks Guitar Tricks.

manXcat

# 1
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
11/24/2020 12:35 am

Cheers cat. Some good stuff alright. Me and the Devil was a good version and well taught. love acoustic Blues and easy to overlook how awesome EC was.

Now....Have you ever loved a woman from Derek and the Dominos...that would be a great one to sit down and attempt. Best solos and study in electric blues ever! I'll keep bugging them.

# 2
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
11/24/2020 1:00 am

I think we share role model admiration of several guitar hero greats Tinpan.

So much to see and do, 'so little time' in a 24 hour day to accomodate it all. I hadn't looked at the "Me and the Devil Blues" lesson yet as I'd gone the Rock route rather than Blues first, but given your accolade of it, I will make it a priority.

I was at the teenage zenith of my musical awareness when Jimi ruled, before his untimely death and my inevitable career priorities and life intervened. His impact just had to be experienced at the time to truly comprehend it and him fully.

[br]This is high priority on my future acquisition list.

I already have Hal Leonard's publication of The Beatles Complete Scores in hardcover which I use all the time, so worth every cent to me. I'll buy Jimi Hendrix The Complete Scores for sure once the time is right that I can make pragmatic use of it. I perceive Jimi's technique and skillset a challenge too far just now, so not necessary for a couple of years yet I expect.

# 3
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
11/24/2020 1:32 am

I always though Jimi was in the just listen rather than try and play category. Until I came across licklibrary series on him. Really good lessons on some of his songs. Never get close of course but the red house licks alone are worth every cent.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.