GT for a long time - new to forum

lewisstanford
lewisstanford
10/07/2019 10:20 pm

I finally got over to the forum - mostly for one purpose. Hey I just noticed that I'm been with GT since 2009 - whoa!!! Actually that could be a little depressing, given my current skill level. I keep reminding myself about the journey.

Oh yea! - my purpose. Like most everyone else, I want to spread some thanks to all the teachers. They are something. We all know they aren't buying Maseratis, snorting snow, and zooming around with a blonde bimbo or bimba (as the case may be). IOW, 90 percent of the reason they take their tremendous skills and spread them among us duffers is not the cash!!! And I thank you. For me Anders has provided so much to me, it brings tears to my eyes. Everyone else is fabulous, but for me, he's the one. Anders, I hope you have better things to do, but if you stumble across this missive some time - thank you man. Like, over the top! If your truck won't start, your chick scrammed, the bologna's eat by date is way past, I want you to still know that you have made, and continue to make, a huge difference in the small life of a struggling blues guitar player - in the heart of North Carolina.

# 1
manXcat
manXcat
10/08/2019 12:05 am

Hi lewisstanford!

# 2
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/09/2019 5:40 pm

Congrats on the deep joy you have connected with through learning music!!!!!

Yes, Anders rocks!

-Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 3
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
10/20/2019 4:32 am

Hi there... and welcome!

I too started in 2009. In fact, your post is pretty close to my join date which was a birthday present to myself.

Between my week long birthday bacchanal and return from my traditional October week in Yellowstone I missed your post.

Yup... that's my story and sticking to it.

GT is fun isn't it.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.