Christian Style Music

darrellg1
darrellg1
07/08/2018 8:51 pm

Since Guitar Tricks doesn't offer Christian Contemerary in the list of music styles, is there a style of playing that most closely relates to modern christian music? Matt Redman, Hillsong etc. I want to be able to free style in the proper scales even if I never heard the song before and only know the song key. Is this a stupid question? New to playing lead and trying to connect the dots with the scales. Geesh, still trying to learn the scales... Also, I know its not necessary to learn all the scales, so which ones apply most often.

Please help, be gentle...lol

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/09/2018 12:46 pm
Originally Posted by: darrellg1

Since Guitar Tricks doesn't offer Christian Contemerary in the list of music styles, is there a style of playing that most closely relates to modern christian music?[/quote][p]The Rock courses are your best bet. Matt Redman & other similar artists play on the softer side, but still firmly in the pop rock genre.

[quote=darrellg1]I want to be able to free style in the proper scales even if I never heard the song before and only know the song key. Is this a stupid question?

No, that's a great question & a skill that you can learn. But you'll need to have a basic understanding of chord progressions, how to use the correct scale & a basic vocabulary ready to use (a set of licks under your command).

I replied with several links outlining the possible paths to take here at GT to learn those concepts & skills.

https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/thread.php?f=3&t=48121

It might also help to read this article I wrote that describes the process of learning to play lead solos.

https://www.guitartricks.com/blog/how-to-play-a-guitar-solo

Hope this also helps! :)

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
elorlova6
elorlova6
03/29/2019 11:20 am

Thank you so much for sharing such a useful information myprepaidcenter

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.