Learning new songs

deepakgarg4
deepakgarg4
09/22/2017 10:18 am

Hi!

I have been playing for almost 1.5 months now and have completed guitar fundamentals 1 course. Unfortunately I am unable to find good songs to practice and enjoy my new skills. I am an 18 yo Indian, so most of the songs on the guitar tricks website are unknown to me and the new english songwriters (ed sheeran, taylor swift etc.) are not available here. Where can I find some new english or hindi songs that are within my skill range?[br][br]

# 1
OnTheRopes
OnTheRopes
10/27/2017 8:51 am

Hi deepakarg4

It seems very poor that GuitarTricks have not bothered to reply to your post. You are a fully paid up member.

However it is always best to learn songs that you enjoy so some idea of your musical tastes and what genre of guitar interests you would be good so as to give suggestions.

For instance, I am currently learning Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground. It is s simple chord progression with a nice little lick to make it interesting to play and learn and not too difficult. https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=16867&s_id=1252

Or try Hotel California (Made Easy) https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=23966&s_id=1961

You can usually watch bands you are not familiar with on Youtube.

Just a thought

# 2
deepakgarg4
deepakgarg4
11/08/2017 7:20 pm

Hi ontheropes,

I really appreciate your reply. I was quite surprised at the fact that there were no replies to this. Though in the meanwhile I could finally find something simple enough to play that I liked :D I recently learned 'Too much to ask' by Niall Horan. I will check out the songs you suggested too.

Cheers!

# 3
m.giancarlo2016
m.giancarlo2016
11/14/2017 6:35 am
Originally Posted by: deepakgarg4

Hi!

I have been playing for almost 1.5 months now and have completed guitar fundamentals 1 course. Unfortunately I am unable to find good songs to practice and enjoy my new skills. I am an 18 yo Indian, so most of the songs on the guitar tricks website are unknown to me and the new english songwriters (ed sheeran, taylor swift etc.) are not available here. Where can I find some new english or hindi songs that are within my skill range?[br][br]

Do you know of Paul Gilbert? He’s a world renowned guitarist who speaks Japanese and plays every style genre and scale known to man. He gives great exercises to build up chops and for any level player to. Classical music is another way to start. Builds skills you have and created ones you don’t. Eddie Van Halen is another guy who takes playing to another level. Check out Van Halen’s Right Here, Right Now Live: “3:16” it’s an 11minute solo of him playing guitar using all self taught skills and Cathedral is him using only hammer on/pull offs and volume swells. He doesn’t even pick the strings!!!! A lot of fun. Hope you dig it

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.