I remember when

Guitar Tricks Forum > Open Discussion > I remember when

nigelcoughlin

I remember when this site was free and all of its access was free : ( such a shame.

I remember when this site was free and all of its access was free : ( such a shame.

robbrooks101

I think it's great value, signed up last month for a year, cost the same as a good night out, and I've already learnt loads.
Don't think your complaint is really valid with the amount of content on here.
In peace.

I think it's great value, signed up last month for a year, cost the same as a good night out, and I've already learnt loads.
Don't think your complaint is really valid with the amount of content on here.
In peace.

hunter1801

Originally Posted by: nigelcoughlin

How long ago was that and how much less material was on the site back then? Going to assume it's a HUGE difference.

Originally Posted by: nigelcoughlin

How long ago was that and how much less material was on the site back then? Going to assume it's a HUGE difference.

SebastBerg

Full Access

Its around 25$/30$ an hour for a private instructor. 100$/120$ a month unlike 130$ for a full year of GT. Sure a private teacher is always nice to have but GT is the best way to start.
- Seb
www.sebastienberger.com

Its around 25$/30$ an hour for a private instructor. 100$/120$ a month unlike 130$ for a full year of GT. Sure a private teacher is always nice to have but GT is the best way to start.
- Seb
www.sebastienberger.com

Guillermostaggs

Great Shadow

Originally Posted by: SebastBerg
i bought a guitair at a store and if i took lessons it would be 30$ an hour so if i took 3 lessons a month 90$ guitartricks 15$ a month and they explain things to you and answer your quistoins.. so its well worth it along with the guitar tabs they have to select the core learning system and the songs they have Big Grin
Dont stop keep going-frank zappa Find what your good at and exaggerate it-steve vai

Originally Posted by: SebastBerg
i bought a guitair at a store and if i took lessons it would be 30$ an hour so if i took 3 lessons a month 90$ guitartricks 15$ a month and they explain things to you and answer your quistoins.. so its well worth it along with the guitar tabs they have to select the core learning system and the songs they have Big Grin
Dont stop keep going-frank zappa Find what your good at and exaggerate it-steve vai

nigelcoughlin

Ya, Sure. It's a great value.

But I use to contribute too this site when I was just a rookie guitar player who only knew a few chords and a few licks and I did it because it was free for everyone. Free for people who can't afford 15 dollars, or 5 dollars. I can't afford too pay 15 dollars or 5 dollars. I have just enough money for my internet connection. With just enough money left over for food. ( I have still never taken a guitar lesson, in 20 years of playing guitar.. ) You look at it like good value and I'm sure it is but there are people out there who can't afford 15 dollars a month and I personally think it is a Shame.. the person who use too DONATE his time too creating and updating and maintain this site has probable being bought out by some money hungry person who saw the ability too get rich off the site. This site use to be Strictly about the music where now it is a lil about the music and a lot about the money. I tried too sign up too see what it got me, It got me a lot of broken links and a lot of ways too sign up. I'm just calling it how i see it. Sorry if some people are butt hurt about it. Blah, Maybe I'm butt hurt that what use too be about the music is now about the money

Ya, Sure. It's a great value.

But I use to contribute too this site when I was just a rookie guitar player who only knew a few chords and a few licks and I did it because it was free for everyone. Free for people who can't afford 15 dollars, or 5 dollars. I can't afford too pay 15 dollars or 5 dollars. I have just enough money for my internet connection. With just enough money left over for food. ( I have still never taken a guitar lesson, in 20 years of playing guitar.. ) You look at it like good value and I'm sure it is but there are people out there who can't afford 15 dollars a month and I personally think it is a Shame.. the person who use too DONATE his time too creating and updating and maintain this site has probable being bought out by some money hungry person who saw the ability too get rich off the site. This site use to be Strictly about the music where now it is a lil about the music and a lot about the money. I tried too sign up too see what it got me, It got me a lot of broken links and a lot of ways too sign up. I'm just calling it how i see it. Sorry if some people are butt hurt about it. Blah, Maybe I'm butt hurt that what use too be about the music is now about the money

john of MT

Full Access

TANSTAAFL, baby! Wink

TANSTAAFL, baby! Wink

nigelcoughlin

Originally Posted by: hunter1801

Just so you know, There was tones of material on the site then and the only reason the site got too be as big as it is now is because of all the people who DONATED there time in the first place.

Sure, You are right. There is a lot of stuff on the site now that wasn't there before. And its alot perdier, but you could still learn how too play the guitar for free, from chords too scales. All different styles from multiply different People. Is this better, for the simple fact that you have too pay money. IT IS NOT BETTER.

Before, any body could come on too the site, new or old and they could learn something. Now, You have too pay money, you have too sign up and go through a huge process. Is this better for passing on information on playing guitar or guitar tricks? No. It is better for helping some guys getting money in their pockets.

Originally Posted by: hunter1801

Just so you know, There was tones of material on the site then and the only reason the site got too be as big as it is now is because of all the people who DONATED there time in the first place.

Sure, You are right. There is a lot of stuff on the site now that wasn't there before. And its alot perdier, but you could still learn how too play the guitar for free, from chords too scales. All different styles from multiply different People. Is this better, for the simple fact that you have too pay money. IT IS NOT BETTER.

Before, any body could come on too the site, new or old and they could learn something. Now, You have too pay money, you have too sign up and go through a huge process. Is this better for passing on information on playing guitar or guitar tricks? No. It is better for helping some guys getting money in their pockets.

compart1

Full Access

The last time i went to a music store I asked for the guitar guide book.. They wanted $24.95.. I think they are in it for the money.. And dang, they didn't have any instructor there that would teach for free either.. I guess I'll go home and surf the net for free guitar instruction..
Y'all have good one..

The last time i went to a music store I asked for the guitar guide book.. They wanted $24.95.. I think they are in it for the money.. And dang, they didn't have any instructor there that would teach for free either.. I guess I'll go home and surf the net for free guitar instruction..
Y'all have good one..

3donkey

Full Access

I remember last week I went to a pizza store and they asked me almost
8$.. what a shame... :P

I remember last week I went to a pizza store and they asked me almost
8$.. what a shame... :P